what's The Difference between a
mortgage renewal and a refinance
What is a Mortgage Renewal?
We can help you renew your current mortgage when it comes due, provided you qualify for renewal. The renewal amount and amortization will be the same as with your current mortgage, but you’ll be able to take advantage of a better rate (fixed or variable), plus the most favorable terms and conditions.
What are the Benefits of a Mortgage Renewal?
- We offer some of the lowest market rates
- We have no fees, legal fees or appraisal fees for most renewals
- We provide innovative renewal strategies not offered by our competition
What is a Mortgage Refinance?
When you refinance your home, we pay off your existing mortgage and start a new mortgage with a lower interest rate. With this lower rate and the equity in your home, you can get more money to use for other things. Typically, refinances are used to lower rates and increase available cash by using home equity at some of the lowest market rates.
What are the Benefits of a Mortgage Refinance?
- Access your home’s equity at a low fixed or variable rate for renovations, debt consolidation, investment or any purpose!
- It is possible to refinance a mortgage any time during the term – before or at the renewal date